the duskhopper likes: the 1920s, electroswing, daft punk, metalocalypse, steam powered giraffe, welcome to night vale, burlesque, and also making friends. c:
apparently e.l. james called former child star mara wilson (matilda) a “sad fuck” for critiquing the 50shades books a while ago and now there’s a feud. i love it.
i had a dream last night that i bought this BEAUTIFUL high pigment eyeshadow that looked like the night sky. it was a deep, iridescent indigo with flecks of copper and gold glitter in it. if any of you can find me something like that, i will love you forever.
Rin: imconfused, whats he doing? is he flying is he sliding?
Rin: taking baby tap dance steps
so i made this and its all rin’s fault
watCHA! CHA! HA! *tappa tappa*
ok i’m almost sorry about making this but also not
- went into a store to ask if they were still looking for new people, got interviewed and hired within 30 minutes.
- said store is within spitting distance of my new apartment
- also stopped by said apartment to sign the lease and get keys
- landlady said our first month’s rent is half off
today’s lookin pretty good.
Virginia Clark Hudzietz (pen name Virginia Huget) - December 22, 1899-June 27, 1991. “Babs in Society” circa the late 1920’s.
ok but I just really love the names they give them
"The Ridiculous Potato"
"The Unfortunate Clementine"
I’m giggling it’s like a team of ragtag misfit superheroes
I love the sometimes absolutely ugly but completely tasty produce that comes out of my garden.
so grateful for businesses like this
boyfriend and i are watching an episode of leverage that supposedly takes place in memphis, and we have to keep pausing it because it’s SSSSOOOO WWWRRROOONNGG!! just for fun, i’m gonna make a list of ridiculous things as we go along.
- everybody they’ve shown so far is white. every. single. one of them.
- there are so many cowboy hats. there are approximately ZERO cowboy hats in real memphis. you have to go out to nashville for that.
- WHY ARE THEY WEARING BOLO TIES. WHO THE FUCK WEARS BOLO TIES. NOBODY IN MEMPHIS, I CAN TELL YOU THAT.
- they’re in a bar called “the saddlebag saloon.” that’s all i have to say about that.
- oh wait, a black cadillac escalade, that looks righ— wait no, it has cattle horns on the front of it.
- the only music they have playing is country music. according to this show, there’s a big country music festival in memphis called “saddles ‘n’ spurs.” no. no, we have blues on the bluff and memphis in may.
- "hot diggity dad gum."
- no really, it’s kind of insulting that they’re touting country as the big genre of memphis. memphis! MEMPHIS, TN. home of the blues?? birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll?? so they’re just gonna ignore blues? r&b? rap? hell, i’d be happier if they were talking about elvis, and that’s saying something.
- "what is it with this city and ribs?" DING DING DING the one thing you guys got right.
- "it’s a cowboy thing." THERE ARE NO COWBOYS IN MEMPHIS.
- OH MY GOD NO. THEY FUCKING PHOTOSHOPPED SUN STUDIO INTO “KIRKWOOD RECORDS” ARE YOU KIDDING ME. THAT IS FUCKING RUDE.
- so as of the end of this episode, POC count is up to a grand total of… 5. for reference, POC make up approximately 70% of memphis’s population.
HOOOO that episode was… well it sure was something. wow.